If you want to have an unforgettable day during your stay in the City of Champions, then you need to check out this package from the Fairmont Hotel Macdonald.
Its Dinner, Bed & Breakfast Package has everything you need to make your stop in Edmonton a delight.
Standing high on the bank overlooking the North Saskatchewan River Valley, the Fairmont Hotel Macdonald’s charm and classic elegance have made it hotel an Edmonton favourite since 1915.
During your stay, relax under an intriguing portrait of the Fathers of Confederation in the Confederation Lounge, or refresh yourself with a visit to the Macdonald Health Club. This opportunity for a classic night in Alberta’s capital city starts at $389 and is available throughout the year.
- One night’s accommodation
- A three-course dinner for two in the Harvest Room
- Breakfast buffet for two in the Havest Room
- Valet parking for one vehicle
Vacay.ca Hails Edmonton Oilers’ Fans
When the puck dropped on shortened NHL season this year, Vacay.ca’s Karen Evenden was on hand at Rexall Place to get a taste of the atmosphere in the sold-out arena. She was blown away by the feverish atmosphere and the dedicated fans of the five-time Stanley Cup champion Oilers. And she informed Vacay.ca followers about the requirements needed to be a die-hard Oilers fan.
Evenden writes: “If you are new to Canada and/or hockey and would like to become an Edmonton Oilers fan, there are some important rules that you need to adhere to:
- Only wear your Oilers jersey on game days!
- Cheer loud and often and learn the Oilers theme song, “Let’s go Oilers, let’s go!”
- Drink draft beer! Yes at $8 a drink it will cost you your first month’s wages to go to a game but it’s worth it!
- Practice manoeuvring through the stadium with burgers and hot dogs in one hand and a beer in the other.
- The most important games to attend are Edmonton Oilers versus Calgary Flames, aka the Battle of Alberta.
- On that note, learn to hate the Calgary Flames.
(Thanks to Mike Miller for his Oilers fan tips.)”