Travel Deal for December 15-16, 2012
Will the world really end this coming Friday? Not likely. But just in case, the Loden Hotel is prepared to let you go out in style.
The Vancouver hotel near Stanley Park has a unique package for December 21, 2012, designed to appeal to those who believe — or want to have fun pretending to believe — that the end of the Mayan calendar this Friday actually means a disastrous finish for the planet.
The boutique property’s 12/21/12 package runs nightly until December 21 and is a whopping $6,499 (if the world’s going to end, why leave it in the bank?).
The package includes:
- A night in the hotel’s penthouse suite
- A bottle of bubbly to “toast your last evening on earth”
- An aerial tour of Vancouver and its nearby mountains on a Harbour Air seaplane
- Four-course feast prepared by executive chef Marc-André Choquette before being whisked away in our signature
- A ride in the hotel’s London cab to Grouse Mountain
- A gondola ride “to the top of the peak for one last look at the world”
- Breakfast in bed from Tableau Bar Bistro the next morning (if we’re all still here, of course) and a late check-out of 2 pm.
Now that’s what you call finishing strong!
Vacay.ca Recommends the Loden Hotel for Its Locale
Vacay.ca Western Canada Sports Editor Miguel Strother stayed at the Loden Hotel during a golf visit to Vancouver in the summer and was hooked on its location in the city’s west end, a short walk to Stanley Park and with splendid views of the mountains and waterfront.
Strother writes: “I came to the Loden for a couple of days in early June and found no shortage of adventure attached to the downtown spa. In fact, it is no farther than three minutes to the seawall on foot (or five minutes to Robson Street, depending on your tastes) and is a perfect point of access to both Stanley Park and Vancouver’s business and shopping centres. The hotel is an equally excellent stop for business people in town on assignment as it is for an intimate wedding or upscale function; a brilliant base of operations for those who want a taste of the city’s best, whether they have a week or an hour of free time.”
To Book This Hotel Deal from the Loden: Visit the hotel’s website or call