Edmonton’s stately Fairmont Hotel Macdonald has a green package for guests who want to reduce their footprint and recharge the environment. For bookings now until Dec. 31, depending on availability, the hotel is offering a Going Green package.
Rates start at $269 a night which includes a complimentary upgrade to a River Valley View room. Guests will also get a complimentary bottle of organic wine, use of Fairmont bicycles and a full breakfast for two. Best of all, guests will leave after their stay knowing that the package includes a tree. For every guests who books under the Going Green package, a tree will be planted and cared for in their name, courtesy of The Carbon Farmer Inc., an Alberta-based carbon offset provider.
Approach from southside locations such as Edmonton International Airport and City of Calgary.
- Distance is approximately 18 miles/29 kilometers (45 minute drive from airport)
- Proceed North on Gateway Blvd to Saskatchewan Drive, turning right.
- Turn left on 99th Street
- Cross Low Level Bridge and drive up MacDougall Hill (follow city centre signs)
- The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald will be on the right at the top of the hill.
- Driveway access is from Jasper Avenue