Christmas at the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge sounds like the kind of Christmas from Bing Crosby movies and television specials. Skating under the stars. Carols around a crackling fire. Bedtime stories on comfy couches with milk and cookies and chilled champagne at the stroke of midnight.
During Christmas, the lodge will become a holiday destination for all ages. Even teenagers get their own retreat with Xbox Kinect and there’s movie night and a roaring fire with hot chocolate and S’mores for the whole family on the shores of Lac Beauvert.
Book a package now at theand Christmas accommodation includes in-room Christmas tree and a complete kit of decorations and a visit from Santa on Christmas Eve. The Festival of Christmas deal is available from December 23rd to 27th with rates starting at $399 Cdn.
The road between Banff and Jasper, Alberta – the Icefields Parkway – has been rated the #1 Most Scenic Drive in the World. Majestic peaks, crystal clear lakes, ancient glaciers and wildlife abound on this 3.5 hour epic journey.
From Calgary International Airport (435km)
- After leaving the airport you will be on Barlow Trail. Turn right off Barlow onto 16th Avenue (also called Hwy 1)
- Stay right on Hwy 1 to Banff or 31 miles (50 km) more to Lake Louise.
- You are now in Lake Louise, 141 miles (228 km) from Jasper
- Leaving Lake Louise, exit onto Hwy 93
- Keep your eyes open, because the sign for Hwy 93 is easy to miss. The speed limit is 55 miles/hour (90 km/hr)
- At the lights, turn right and follow the signs
- The exit for The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge is after the town site on your right
- You’ll cross a black steel bridge and follow the lodge road
From the Edmonton International Airport (416 km)
- After leaving the airport, go towards Edmonton (on the Calgary Trail North Highway #2)
- Exit onto Hwy 19 towards Devon
- Drive through Devon you will be on Hwy 60, then exit onto Hwy 16 West
- You are now on the Yellowhead Hwy
- The towns you will be driving through are as follows: Entwistle, Edson, Hinton (gateway to the Rockies).
- Park gates are approximately 15 miles (25 km) west of Hinton
- The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge exit is before the Jasper town site
- You will see a sign to turn left and cross over a black steel bridge
- Follow the lodge road to the archway, which reads: The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge