July 20, 2012
Give a man a fish and you’ve fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you’ve fed him for a lifetime. Show him where to fish in northern Saskatchewan and you’ve hooked yourself one forever-grateful friend.
The Churchill River system is 1,000 miles long and features some of the best sport fishing in North America, including northern pike that can exceed 30 pounds and walleye that can top 12 pounds. Visitors also enjoy the opportunities for wildlife viewing, canoeing and education on the First Nations cultures that first inhabited the region.
One of the oldest places to stay in the area is Shadd Lake Cabins, a venerable and rustic fishing lodge that offers guided tours and unforgettable fishing experiences of the renowned Churchill River system. Family-owned for five generations, Shadd Lake Cabins offers a range of fishing packages, with rates beginning at $1,035 per person.
All Fishing Packages Include:
- Daily shore lunches and home-cooked meals
- Accommodation in Log Cabins with central showers and flush toilet facility
- Experienced guides
- 16′ and 17′ aluminum boats with 15/20/25 HP Yamaha outboard motors
- 5′-18′ boats with 40 HP motors
- Landing nets and life vests
- Fish processing
- Airport pick-up in La Ronge, Saskatchewan (for guests travelling by air)
- Float plane trip from La Ronge to camp return
View Shadd Lake Lodge in a larger map