Travel Deal for June 4, 2013
Nature Tours of Yukon is offering the “Dempster Highway & Arctic Circle” package via Travel Yukon.
Explore the north with activities like gold panning (where you keep what you find!), hiking mountain ranges and traversing the vast Arctic tundra. Imagine trekking up to the Chilkoot Pass and seeing the relics of the Klondike Gold Rush? Picture yourself sitting at the campfire under the Northern Lights roasting marshmallows, contemplating the great day you had dog-sledding in a winter wonderland.
This opportunity starts at $2,995 and runs from June 14 to August 23, 2013.
From the website: “The Dempster Highway is a highway like no other in the world. A route into the last frontier, a place where people can step into the natural world and experience the awesome beauty of a northern mountain wilderness. It is a land which remains largely untravelled. It crosses the Tombstone range, that has been referred to as the Patagonia of the Northern Hemisphere and is home to a range of flora and fauna that’s found nowhere else in North America.”
- Airport transfers in Whitehorse and Inuvik
- Seven nights accommodation in hotels, lodges and B&Bs
- All transportation between itinerary stops
- Sightseeing in Dawson City
- Sightseeing flight from Inuvik to Tuktoyaktuk and return
- Taxes, fees and licenses
- Emergency equipment (first-aid kit, bear spray, satellite phone)
- Experienced and licensed driver/guide for the duration of the tour.