Travel Deal for February 26, 2013
With nightly rates starting at $99, Oilers’ fans get to enjoy a special promotion while cheering on their team. After the game, you can explore Whyte Avenue and historic Old Strathcona before making your way back to the Sutton Place, which is five kilometres from both the NHL arena and the city’s main entertainment district.
With the Concerts & Sports Events Package, ticket holders to premium entertainment events in Edmonton will receive an upgrade to the next available room type upon check-in and a choice of two of these amenities:
- Complimentary guest room upgraded WiFi (5 MEGS vs. Standard 1.5 MEGS)
- Guaranteed early check-in and late check-out
- Complimentary self parking
Upcoming home games for the Oilers in March include contests against: Detroit Red Wings (March 15), Nashville Predators (March 17) and San Jose Sharks (March 20).
Vacay.ca Cheers on the Oilers’ Fans
When the puck dropped on shortened NHL season last month, Vacay.ca’s Karen Evenden was on hand at Rexall Place to get a taste of the atmosphere in the sold-out arena. She was blown away by the feverish atmosphere and the dedicated fans in the City of Champions. And she informed Vacay.ca followers about the requirements needed to be an Oilers fan.
Evenden writes: “If you are new to Canada and/or hockey and would like to become an Edmonton Oilers fan, there are some important rules that you need to adhere to:
- Only wear your Oilers jersey on game days!
- Cheer loud and often and learn the Oilers theme song, “Let’s go Oilers, let’s go!”
- Drink draft beer! Yes at $8 a drink it will cost you your first month’s wages to go to a game but it’s worth it!
- Practice manoeuvring through the stadium with burgers and hot dogs in one hand and a beer in the other.
- The most important games to attend are Edmonton Oilers versus Calgary Flames, aka the Battle of Alberta.
- On that note, learn to hate the Calgary Flames.
(Thanks to Mike Miller for his Oilers fan tips.)”
To book this hotel deal with the Sutton Place Edmonton: Call 1.866.378.8866 and ask for the Special Event Offer, or visit the promotions page on the hotel’s website.