Travel Deal for January 9, 2013
Well, here’s a solution that will silence the little critics!
Lake Superior Visits has a package that will thrill your family with unlimited fun and activities.
The Thunder Bay Family Adventure package offers amenities at the Prince Arthur Waterfront Hotel and Suites, including a restaurant, pool, sauna and whirlpool. The package costs $599 for a family of four.
The Prince Arthur Waterfront Hotel & Suites, built as a Canadian National Railway hotel in 1911, is located on the harbour in Thunder Bay. This hotel is within a quick walk of several downtown attractions, including art boutiques, over 80 retailers, a sports venue, the charity casino, and live entertainment. With this package, visitors can choose from three of the following family activities:
- Family Fishing at Eagle Ridge – with fishing rods, bait, cleaning
- Fort William Historical Park – admission and tour
- Founders hands-on Museum & Village – admission and tour
- Amethyst Mine – admissions, tour and two pounds of rock
- Admisson to Sleeping Giant and Ouimet Canyon Provincial Parks
- Admission to Eagle Canyon Adventures – with Canada’s longest suspension footbridge
- Big Screen Movie at Silver City
- Admissions to Thunder Bay Museum & Thunder Bay Art Gallery
- Two hours guide service for a City Tour
- Private authentic Finnish sauna
- Two nights at Prince Arthur Waterfront Hotel and Suites (with pool, whirlpool, sauna, dining room, lounge)
- Choice of three activities described above for four persons (two adults, two children under 13)
- Welcome package with local information and maps
- Family Rate (2013)
For an additional cost, you can take your family on a flightseeing tour, sailing charter, half day of charter fishing on Lake Superior or zip-lining at Eagle Canyon.
Vacay.ca Spotlights Thunder Bay’s Finnish Heritage
When Vacay.ca Deputy Editor Rod Charles visited Thunder Bay, he was surprised to see such a strong Finnish influence.
Charles: “From the moment our day began at Bay and Algoma in Thunder Bay, I had to check to make sure that I hadn’t been transported to Finland.
Bay Street couldn’t have more of a Finnish influence if it tried. The blue colours of the Finnish flag abound on this street, with a Finnish Book Store and a Scandinavian deli.”
To Book with Prince Arthur Waterfront Hotel and Suites: Click here, or call 1-800-267-2675 / Local: (807) 345-5411.