Travel Deal for September 1-2, 2012
Retrace the steps of the early prospectors and try your hand at panning, hiking or riding the gold rush trails. Enjoy gourmet meals and a relaxing spa treatment.
You can also visit many Gold Rush celebrations in the Cariboo area such as nearby historic Hat Creek Ranch and Barkerville Town. A two-night package in a lodge room will cost $810 (per person, double room) until the end of September, and $540 from October 1-13.
- A full day guided gold-panning outing and gold-panning competition as well as an excursion into the Fraser Canyon.
- Historical information about the Cariboo Gold Rush
- Learning about gold panning at ranch’s own sluice box.
All stays at Echo Valley Ranch include the following services:
- All meals
- Daily Thai yoga (Ruesri dat ton) stretching classes
- Self-guided fishing on the lodge’s well-stocked ponds (equipment provided)
- Weekly evening entertainment program including roaring camp fires and barbeque dinners
- Weekly cooking demonstrations with nutrition tips
Vacay.ca Recommends British Columbia Vacations For Tasty Kelowna Wines
Recently Vacay.ca Writer Jody Robbins had a chance try some liquid richness in Kelowna, British Columbia. She was able to go wine tasting and detailed her experiences in her article “Kelowna’s Waterfront Wines makes waves.”
Robbins wrote: “As you might expect at a wine bar, there are several bottles to sip through (more than 350 at last count). I went for Nichol Pinot Gris ($10), which Waterfront has exclusively on tap, keeping it fresh and crisp all the time. Those who prefer to stick with the hard stuff, do well with Waterfront’s take on the classic Caesar ($9/$12), made with house-infused cucumber gin or black pepper-infused vodka, if you’re feeling spicy.”