August 7, 2012
The Glenora Inn & Distillery is best known as the first establishment in North America to make single-malt whisky. Yet, when you arrive for a visit, it’s more than likely the food will impress you just as much as the flavour of the whisky. Glenora’s restaurant features such winning dishes as Lobster Salad and Seafood Fettuccine.
Thanks to a promotion, you can enjoy both the drink and the cuisine at Glenora, along with a traditional ceilidh (pronounced kay-lee) — a Gaelic get-together that features lots of fiddle playing and laughter. A three-course dinner and a tour of the distillery are among the highlights of this culinary package that includes ice wine that has a whisky-barrel finish. (Be sure to try the whisky sorbet for dessert.)
Located in Glenville, Nova Scotia, the property is on the edge of the Cabot Trail, among some of the most splendid scenery Canada, or the world, has to offer.
For $360 per couple, the Foodie Culinary Package includes:
- One night’s accommodation
- A guided tour of the Glenora Distillery
- A three-course dinner featuring Nova Scotia cuisine and Nova Scotia wine, among some of the best that Canada produces
- Complimentary ceilidhs in the afternoon and evening
- Complimentary bottled preserve from Cape Breton.
Vacay.ca staff members recently toured the Glenora facility and will be publishing an article and video on this fine property in Nova Scotia in September.
View Larger Map