Vacay.ca™ is the leading source of Canadian travel and the original publisher of the Top 50 Restaurants in Canada List™. Independently owned and produced by award-winning Canadian journalists and travel experts, Vacay.ca™ uses the wealth of its editorial experience, knowledge and industry contacts to deliver authoritative information about the best places to see, sleep and eat in Canada. As the original publisher of the annual list of Canada’s 50 best restaurants, Vacay.ca™ is a champion of the nation’s food industry and a vital source for culinary travellers from around the world. Along with the best dining experiences in the country, our online magazine also lets you in on the must-experience spots that belong on your Great Canadian Bucket List. More information on our team appears on our Newsroom page.
A comprehensive resource and growing online community, Vacay.ca™ is dedicated to celebrating Canadian destinations. In its short existence, Vacay.ca™ has been featured on CTV News Channel, CHCH-TV News, CBC TV, TSN Radio and other media outlets in Canada, the United States and beyond. Destinations, notable deals, exclusive news and travel products are spotlighted during our broadcast segments.
Vacay.ca™ is already proving to be a major driver of increased interest in Canadian destinations, attractions, hotels and activities from inside the country and abroad. With a custom-publishing arm, strong search-engine-optimization knowledge, digital-savvy strategies, social-media focus and superior editorial content, Vacay.ca™ has quickly become the leading resource for travel information about Canada. Vacay.ca™ is also the official travel website of the 2015 Sir John A. Macdonald Bicentennial Commission.
VACAY.CA — TEAM AND ADVISORS
Our hearts are in it.
That’s what sets Vacay.ca™ apart. We practice advocacy. The destinations we feature are the destinations we believe you should venture to as you travel through Canada. We focus on locales and culture that provide an authentic sense of place as well as the finest in luxury and greatest in value for visitors to Canada and Canadians exploring their own country.
Julia Pelish, Managing Partner
A photographer and videographer who has worked in the largest media markets in Canada and the U.S., Julia’s travel photos and videos have been featured prominently in the Toronto Star, on CTV and been exhibited in galleries in Toronto, New York and Vancouver. Her devotion to the highest-quality images and her passion for spotlighting genuine experiences and heartfelt people in Canada’s tourism industry has helped Vacay.ca become a leading provider of travel content in the nation. Contact Julia at email@example.com.
Rod Charles, Managing Partner
Rod is an entrepreneur with a passion for travel, adventure and good food. He’s worked for Canoe.ca as an online editor and has ghost-written blogs for several elite athletes. He’s also been integral to the success of online companies — including Thin Data, Canada’s leading email marketing company — and worked as the travel editor at AOL / Huffington Post Canada and his travel articles have been published in the Toronto Star. Rod has used his skills to help several non-profit organizations, including the White Ribbon Campaign, a charity that worked to end violence against women, and an anti-poverty initiative in Hamilton, Ontario. He has also been a proud volunteer with Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Toronto for 10 years. Contact Rod at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ZED Financial Partners Inc., Advisors
Led by Leon Raubenheimer and Barry O’Neill, ZED Financial Partners is a boutique Investment and Merchant Bank headquartered in Toronto, and specializing in raising debt and equity for mid-size Canadian companies. ZED has developed a tightly focused approach to raising capital called “Accessing Knowledgeable Capital” . Using its large proprietary database, which contains all the transactions which have been concluded by over 1,400 Private Equity Funds and over 300 Debt Providers, ZED is able to accurately pinpoint potential funders in North America and Europe who have specialist knowledge in a particular industry/sector. Therefore, take transactions to funders who understand the sector, the potential of a company and can add more to a transaction than just money (given their knowledge and expertise).
Janet Boileau, Publisher, Taste&Travel Magazine, Advisor
Janet Boileau is the founder and publisher of Taste&Travel magazine. She holds a Masters degree in Gastronomy from Le Cordon Bleu Paris and a PhD in culinary history from the University of Adelaide, South Australia. She is a former director of publishing for the United Nations University and has contributed to a number of scholarly publications. She also serves as a judge in culinary and food writing competitions. Janet is a frequent traveller with a fascination for world cuisine. Taste&Travel magazine, which focuses on culinary tourism, was launched in April 2011. The print edition is sold on newsstands throughout Canada. An international digital edition is available on all major digital platforms.
Nigel da Costa, Founder, Fat Dog Media, Advisor
A leading mobile and digital publishing company, Fat Dog Media creates powerful experiences that deliver performance as well as revenue. Nigel da Costa is an expert in data usage of mobile app downloads, as well as marketing strategies tailored for mobile and digital applications. He oversees a range of products and publications, including the Spectator-Tribune, an online news network that covers Canada’s prairie provinces, and the popular resource website, www.healthmediatoday.com.
- As the publisher of the annual Top 50 Restaurants in Canada™ Guide, Vacay.ca has produced the first and most credible ranking of the nation’s restaurants. Our Top 50 list is compiled by votes from 34 judges — including leading chefs, food industry professionals, and travel and food writers — and public votes from across Canada. More than 8,000 public votes were received in the spring of 2013 as Canadians voiced support for their favourite restaurants. The Top 50 list has received international attention and more than 2.5 million Twitter impressions.
- Our Rock n’ Roll Road Trips™ video series spotlights the world’s most active travellers — namely road-crazy musicians — discussing travel and how it influences their songs and lives.
- Our annual Top 20 Places to Visit in Canada is a must-read resource of the best spots to see each year. These destinations include locales celebrating historic anniversaries and one-of-a-kind festivals, as well as little-known spots that you should visit before the crowds discover their secrets. Our carefully chosen list has not only received attention from media across the country, it has resulted in significant revenues for the destinations selected.
- The Great Canadian Weekends series, launched in summer 2013, provides comprehensive, customized itineraries for seeing Canada’s finest destinations. Travellers looking to get the most out of their stay will want to follow these tips and ideas from Vacay.ca’s travel experts.
- Sponsors of the Deal of the Day on Vacay.ca will benefit from highly targeted content and be seen as a champion for credibly sourced deals. All Vacay.ca Deal of the Day features are carefully selected and based on places our Editorial team has experienced themselves.