It’s never too early to start thinking about your dream Christmas escape — in Santa’s backyard, no less!
Look forward to a festive week under the Northern Lights in Blachford Lake Lodge. A 20-minute charter flight from Yellowknife, this lodge is on a remote jewel of a lake set in Precambrian rock. The spacious, handcrafted log property offers a blend of rustic charm and modern comfort.
Enjoy a book, swap stories and experience the winter wonderland on a dog sled. Other on-site activities include fireplaces, hot tub and sauna, snowmobiling, dog-sledding, snowshoeing and skiing, skating and ice fishing.
This opportunity starts at $3,910 per person.
- Two nights’ accommodation in Yellowknife, standard guestroom with breakfast daily
- Return airport transfers on the Yellowknife hotel shuttle
- Round-trip scenic flight on float plane from Yellowknife to Blachford
- Five nights all-inclusive accommodation at Blachford Lake Lodge
- Two interpretive tours per day
- Use of lodge facilities
- Gourmet meals and snacks at the lodge
- A chance to decorate the lodge’s giant Christmas tree
- Christmas feast
- Mulled wine
- Christmas carolling
- Santa’s visit
- Northern Christmas gift
- Christmas photo
- Tire sur la Neige (maple sugar on snow)
- Introduction and hints about aurora photography
To book this tour with the Great Canadian Travel Company: Click here or call 1-800-661-3830.