Travel Deal for Father’s Day Weekend, June 15-16, 2013
Give Dad some of the greatest excitement he can imagine by getting him behind the wheel of a race car to learn what it’s like to be a competitor in this ultimate of speed sports.
The Bridgestone Racing Academy at Mosport, Ontario’s premier racing facility that is 100 kilometres northeast of Toronto, offers several packages to give F1 and NASCAR fans a taste of what it’s like to have their hands on an open-wheel race car.
The “Thrill of a Lifetime” packages features half-day and full-day options that range from $295 to $1,695. Here are the available sessions that involve driving a 125-horsepower Reynard Formula car or a 170-hp Van Diemen racer on the test track near the city of Bowmanville:
- $295: Drive a 125-hp Reynard Formula car, in formation with an instructor-driven pace car.
- $595: Drive a 2008 170-hp Van Diemen Formula car, in formation with an instructor-driven pace car.
- $795: Two sessions during a half-day of racing that will include lapping a Van Diemen Formula car in formation with an Instructor-driven pace car
- $995: 50% more lapping time than in the offer above — and at even higher speeds.
- $1,395: Enjoy some open lapping and more coaching.
- $1,695: A full-day of race school.
For a more intense experience, sign Dad up for the two-day “Learn to Lap” course ($2,495) that will teach him how to overtake a car on the Mosport Driver Development Track. In case Dad really wants to connect with his inner Schumacher, he can go for the Race License course ($3,995), a program that prepares students for true track-pursuit racing.