$119 for family fun in Victoria
Travel Deal for February 15, 2013
With Family Weekend upon much of Canada, the nation is celebrating being together as one large, happy brood. The Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort & Spa has a package specially designed for families. You’ll enjoy story time with milk and cookies, as well as breakfast and half-price or free offerings for children.
The hotel’s Family Package includes:
- Accommodation for one night
- Canadian breakfast in LURE restaurant or room service
- Valet parking
- Story time with free milk and cookies for younger children accompanied by an adult in front of the lobby fireplace every night at 8 pm (must register by 7 pm)
The Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe is a splendid property located on the Inner Harbour of British Columbia’s beautiful capital. Like at all Delta hotels, families have added benefits when they stay at the Ocean Pointe, including:
- Free accommodation for children 17 and under when staying with a parent or guardian
- Individual check-in cards for the children to complete upon arrival
- Children 6 and under eat free
- Children ages 7 to 12 eat at half price
On Family Weekend or any other time, the Delta deserves a look as a vacation choice.
Vacay.ca Reveals Victoria’s Newfound Vibrancy
Victoria isn’t nearly as stodgy or quiet as its reputation, as Vacay.ca contributor Kathleen Kenna recently discovered. While touring the city and its new businesses, Kenna happened upon The Oyster, a restaurant with a vibrant feel and casual atmosphere that residents adore.
Kenna writes: “The Oyster shows what locals love most about Victoria in this century: It’s a foodie city celebrating its watery heritage. Chef Umut Cetin serves mostly local oysters, from both sides of Vancouver Island (Barkley Sound on the west; Fanny Bay on the east), and the mainland (Powell River and the Sunshine Coast.) He serves them raw, roasted, grilled, pan-fried and even baked. Oysters Pescatore features Fanny Bay oysters, shell-roasted, with bacon and leek cream, for $9. The Oyster is especially busy from 5 to 7 pm, when featured oysters are ‘a buck a shuck.’”
To book this Hotel Deal from Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort and Spa: Telephone 250-360-2999 or 800-667-4677 (toll free), or book through the hotel’s website.